Thursday, January 16, 2014

Back to Basics : Cubic RAW

I'm not sure that Cubic Right Angle Weave classifies as a basic stitch as it is quite challenging but it has been requested a lot.

We are very fortunate that former Maven Heather Collin allows us to still show you her video which, I think, is one of the best out there.



But as we all learn differently and it might be the first video or the seventh of the stitch that makes your light bulb shine I do suggest if you don't get it from this one look around. 

 My friend, and a wonderful designer, Jill Wiseman has this new one out :)


Do check out the other great videos by Jill and Heather on YouTube.

I personally did not think I could do better than these ladies but I had challenged myself to try it left handed and so I'm including my video for 
your amusement.  
I'm told there is a way to flip video so it can be left handed and, lol, that would be a LOT easier but I think I learned a lot actually beading left handed.
I'm also not sure just mirroring works for everyone.

But...here's your giggle....



I think I tied myself up in knots there :)

Here's a tutorial I wrote up a while ago that may make it easier to grasp and give you the four-room bead I made on the video (a lot simpler).

 







2 comments:

  1. I really REALLY appreciate you putting up both video and diagram versions of how to make something! Many people, I realize, learn best watching and following a video but I don't. I love having tutorial diagrams (NOT simply photos which is like still shots of videos). Diagrams are clear and straightforward for me to follow. It's how I learned St. Petersburg weave (from another site) - something many new beaders consider challenging.

    And I want to say a big THANK YOU for all the tutorials posted on this site! I'm a relatively new inexperienced beader but I'd rather design and make my own beaded pieces than follow a tutorial for the rest of my beaded life. The free tutorials here enable me to learn AND understand how to come up with my own designs. I'm hoping to some day make my own free-standing beaded bead that's uniquely my own.

    Again thank you so much for such clear free tutorial diagrams!

    Jude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you for left hand instructions. I am a struggling new Beadie and need any left hand instruction as possible. Just cant get a grip on the right hand way.

    ReplyDelete