Monday, January 13, 2014

Back to Basics: Right Angle Weave

This week I'm going to be looking at Right Angle Weave or RAW over two posts. Today I'm showing you regular RAW and Modified RAW, which is a wonderful new twist on transitioning from RAW to Peyote stitch allowing you to completely skip the first row of peyote.
MRAW was developed by Kate McKinnon for her book Contemporary Geometric Beadwork.

As we have had a discussion going on about the difficulties of RAW for those of you who are left-handed I volunteered to humiliate my right-handed self by attempting to show the stitch left-handed.

On Friday I will further humiliate myself by showing you my attempt at 
left-handed Cubic Right Angle Weave (CRAW)....along with the much-easier-for-me right handed CRAW :)

Feel free to snicker!

So....first up Right Handed RAW and MRAW


And now, get ready to giggle......Left Handed RAW and MRAW







No comments:

Post a Comment